Chartered in 1838, the Vermont Historical Society (VHS) preserves the history that makes Vermont a special place to live, work, and visit. The VHS is the only organization in Vermont that collects artifacts, books, and documents that reflect the entire history of the state, including every geographical area and chronological period. Members are partners in the VHS’s mission to engage a broad range of people in Vermont history through groundbreaking exhibits, dynamic programs, and educational initiatives that bring history to life. Membership helps the VHS care for its priceless collections; present engaging public programs and innovative exhibits; and serve more than 5,000 Vermont students, teachers, and young people each year. Become a Business Member today – it is only through your support that we can preserve the past, inform the present, and promote Vermont’s shared legacy for future generations.
Business Membership Benefits:
- 20% discount on Individual/Family level memberships for your employees
- 15% discount at the Museum stores and online
- Subscription to the semi-annual Vermont History journal and History Connections newsletter
- Invitations to members-only events, and exclusive opportunities for further event recognition
- Listing in the VHS Annual Report
Business Membership Levels:
- Supporter ($250) – One transferable corporate membership card (admits two adults and four children), Five single-use guest passes, Recognition in marketing materials: website, and 25% discount on Community Room rental.
- Contributor ($500) – Supporter level benefits, Two transferable corporate membership cards, Ten single-use guest passes, Recognition in marketing materials: website and History Connections, and 1 full-day rental of the Community Room at no charge.
- Benefactor ($1,000) – Contributor level benefits, Twenty single-use guest passes, Year-long membership in the Freedom & Unity Circle, Year-long public recognition on the Freedom & Unity Circle donor panel at the Museum in Montpelier and History Center in Barre, and an Annual invitation to the Freedom & Unity Luncheon.